The Northern Region Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Supportive Services (DBE/ SS) Program is funded by California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and administered by Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation (HSU SPF).
The goal of DBE Supported Services is to help develop, improve, and increase each participating DBE firm’s capacity to pursue, prepare, and successfully perform on Caltrans federal-aid highway construction and professional services contracts.
Is DBE Supportive Services right for your business?
This program is available to businesses who fall under either of the below categories:
- Business must be currently DBE certified, have the potential to participate in Caltrans federal-aid highway construction or professional services contracts, and located within our service area.
- Business must qualify for DBE certification, have the potential to participate in Caltrans federal-aid highway construction or professional services contracts, and located within our service area.
Once enrolled in the program you will be connected with our team of experts who provide free one-on-one counseling in the following areas:
- DBE certification
- Identifying bid opportunities
- Interpreting solicitations
- Submitting bids
- Bonding & Insurance
- Estimating methodology
- Project Schedules
- Networking with Primes
- Marketing to the government
- And more!
DBE Supportive Services partners closely with Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) as well as the Northern California Network of Small Business Develop Centers (SBDCs) to connect DBE firms with cradle to grave business and procurement assistance. For more info on these programs, please see below.